Chicken and Broccoli in a mild curry sauce
4 x chicken breasts
2 x tins of Campbell’s Condensed mushroom soup
1 x cup of mayonnaise
1 x cup of fresh single cream
2 x tins of button mushrooms
4 x tbsp of mild curry powder or more for taste
1 x pk of frozen broccoli
250 gms of grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp oil
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces about 1 inch.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook off and seal the chicken, be careful not to over cook.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking mix together together in a large bowl the mayonnaise, cream, soup and curry powder.
- Drain the mushrooms and add to the mixture.
- Put the chicken and juices and half of the frozen broccoli arrange on top of the chicken.
- Pour on the cream mixture and add the rest of the broccoli.
- Cover with foil and place in the middle of the oven for about 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Once the chicken and broccoli is cooked, stir the mixture so all the broccoli is covered with the sauce.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the whole top of the mixture and return to the oven to brown off or put under the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with plain boiled rice or potatoes and fresh vegetables.