Quick & Easy Pizza Dough
1 x packet of active dry yeast
1 tsp white sugar1 cup of warm water(110 degrees F/ 45 degrees C)
2 ½ cups of bread flour (or a good strong plain flour)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tin of chopped tomatoes which herbs if you can get it
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp mixed herbs
Salt & pepper to taste
250gm cheese or a packet of (mozzarella and cheddar)
2 x cloves garlic crushed (optional)
1 tbsp Olive oil
Any kind of topping you wish to add – meat, fish, fruit or veg
Makes one 12 inch pizza
- Preheat the oven to 180c. In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar with the warm water. Give it a stir and leave to stand until creamy, about 10 mins.
- Slightly grease a pizza tray.
- Whilst the yeast mixture is resting you can start to prepare your toppings and garlic.
- Stir in the flour, salt and oil, to the yeast, mix together and then leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round shape.
- Transfer the crust to the lightly greased pizza tray.
- In a small bowl add the chopped tomato, tomato puree, herbs, salt & pepper, olive oil and garlic, mix together with a spoon.
- Spread the tomato mixture all over the pizza base using the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese onto the pizza and then add any toppings you like.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese and put in the oven to
- The pizza should take 10/15 mins to cook, be careful not to let it burn.
- Leave for 5 mins to rest before cutting. Enjoy!
This is a great recipe when you don’t want to wait for the dough to rise. You just mix it and allow it to rest for 5 minutes and then its ready to go!!