500 gms of minced Turkey
1 small onion – diced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 burger buns – preferable brown
2 x tomatoes
1 small red onion
Any salad you prefer – cucumber, radish, rocket, beetroot, gherkin’s (small pickled cucumbers).
- Tip the minced turkey into a bowl with the diced onion add some seasoning and then the egg, then mix altogether.
- Divide the mixture into four. Rub a little oil or water on your hands. Carefully roll the mixture into balls, each about the size of a tennis ball.
- Set in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze down to flatten into patties about 3cm thick. Make sure all the burgers are the same thickness so that they will cook evenly.
- Put on a plate, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to firm up 15 to 30 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place the burgers on the tray spacing them out and then lightly brush the burgers with a little oil.
- Place in the pre-heated oven at 180c and leave to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Always check the burgers are cooked right through by checking the middle with a fork.